SecurityMagazine.com put up an interesting article this week that includes their TOP 7 cybersecurity predictions for 2021. Besides them stealing one of our marketing tricks (ahem 7 predictions? That’s my bag! ::shakes fist::) it’s worth a read.
In summary their predictions are:
- Remote workers will be the focus of cybercriminals through 2021
- Legacy security architecture like VPNs will be the weak link for many organizations
- To cope with reduced budgets, CSOs and CISOs will seek convergence across security solutions
- The impact of breaches in the healthcare sector may be deadly
- Financial organizations beware, more attacks are coming
- COVID-19 forced organizations to accelerate digital transformation efforts
- The adoption of new technologies and increase in internet users means most of the world’s population is at great risk of data exposure
I tend to agree with this. A lot of blog content over the past 8 months has revolved around these issue. I won’t repost that content here but you can check out a selection of links to previous content below where we talk about a few of these things:
- REPORT: Cybersecurity in the Remote Work Era…
- More Sneaky Covid-19 Attacks
- REVIEW: The Life and Times of Cybersecurity Professionals
- An Ode to VPNs: Why Traditional Solutions Stink & Three Replacements
Like our blog? Subscribe using the CTA in the upper right-hand corner of this page. Feel like sharing your thoughts with us? Use the comment section below.
Don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter