Are All MSPs the Same?
In 2017, the managed IT services market was valued at $155.91 billion with an expectation to reach $296.38 billion by 2023. That’s an incredible 11.32% increase! The market is growing, but are all MSPs the same?
Businesses nowadays tend to be drawn towards the managed IT services model of managing their information technology. This is great because it allows them to focus on their core competencies while offloading the responsibility of monitoring, managing, and maintaining their environment. But are all MSPs the same? Does it really matter which one you choose to help you take care of your information technology? The simple answer: Absolutely. Your MSP can make a world of difference in terms of your productivity, profitability, and overall, ability to stay competitive in the marketplace.
But the wrong MSP can wreak havoc on these factors too.
Why is that? Well, businesses heavily depend on their information technology – from their servers to their networks to their computers and everything in between – to get work done. You need your environment to be dependable, reliable, and secure. Otherwise, you risk facing major issues, such as server outages, email downtime, malware infections, and other problems that arise when your MSP isn’t properly taking care of your environment. And naturally, these issues can lead to:
- Lost clients due to missed deadlines and/or lack of communication.
- Lost trust in the marketplace due to the inability to meet demand.
- Lost employee productivity/wasted payroll dollars due to the inability to access data.
- And much, much more.
You can’t afford to choose the wrong MSP. So what makes the difference between a good MSP and a not-so-good MSP? After all, they provide very similar services, don’t they? Most MSPs will provide:
- Remote monitoring and maintenance
- Help desk services
- Data backup and business continuity planning
- Managed IT services
- Cybersecurity solutions
- Mobile device management
- Network planning and/or configuration
- Strategic consulting
When you’re choosing an MSP, you’re bound to make a decision based on what services are offered and whether or not they’re able to provide the expertise necessary to handle your requirements. But what other factors do you need to review when choosing an MSP?
What factors differ from one MSP to another? Let’s take a look.
- Response time: This is one factor that differs hugely from one MSP to another. You’ll want to know how quickly you can expect a response when something goes wrong or you have a question about your technology. Some MSPs offer a response time guarantee while others try to get to your ticket as soon as possible (which can mean 2 days from the time you submit it) so it’s important to find out ahead of time what their response time is.
- Customer service: The level and quality of service you receive can differ hugely from one MSP to another. A large corporation that manages hundreds of clients may offer a less personal level of customer service because they’re quite busy, whereas a small local technology provider can give you a consistent experience with the same friendly technicians coming to see you every time you need help.
- Partnerships: MSPs typically have partnerships with various manufacturers to help them service and support those technologies. If you’re using a specific set of technologies, you’ll want an MSP with a partnership with that particular manufacturer as they’re able to get better deals on products and services. Plus, they’re likely certified with that manufacturer so they’re able to provide efficient support.
- Culture: This is yet another factor that can differ hugely from one MSP to another. Every MSP values different things. Take a look at their mission statement and think about whether or not it’s aligned with your personal priorities. Do they value being honest? Do they value being personable? Read through any mission statement they have. If they don’t have one, ask them about their culture.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking every MSP is the same. Sure, the services are similar – but everything else can vary. Interested in learning more? Contact us. Integris offers award-winning Baltimore IT solutions. Call (888) 330-8808 now.
Like this article? Here’s a few more we think you’ll enjoy: