What is ISO 27001?
ISO 27001 is an information security standard prepared to provide requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an information security management system.
ISO 27001 is an international standard that provides guidelines and requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and continually improving an information security management system (ISMS). An ISMS is a framework of policies and procedures that organizations can use to manage and protect their sensitive information and systems.
By implementing an ISMS based on ISO 27001, organizations can demonstrate their commitment to information security and protect against potential threats to their sensitive data. ISO 27001 is applicable to organizations of all sizes and industries, and can be used to complement other security standards and regulations.
Benefits of implementing ISO 27001 include:
- Helps protect and manage confidential information
- Helps improve and streamline third-party vendor interactions
- Helps improve reputation and gives your business a competitive edge
- Helps avoid financial losses from data breaches
- Helps your business establish a workable information security management system that’s followed by employees from the C-Suite to the Front Desk
- Helps decrease the need for customer audits
- Helps increase customer retention
- And more!