This is Austin—the town that practically eats, sleeps and breathes tech. After all, people don’t call it “Silicon Hills” for nothing! On one hand, that means you have no shortage of business-facing Austin IT services from which to choose. On the other hand, sifting through all those providers can be overwhelming, especially if you’re not sure where to begin.
Fortunately, selecting an Austin IT services provider becomes a lot easier once you’re clear on what you want. Being able to articulate your desired level of support, IT budget and company values will dispel some of the mystery around choosing an IT service. With this goal in mind, let’s take a closer look at your Austin IT support options.
Hourly “break/fix” IT services vs. managed services providers
One of the primary decisions you’ll need to make when choosing between Austin IT services is whether your business requires a full-service managed services provider (MSP) or an hourly IT provider, the latter of which offers what is colloquially known as break/fix IT support.
Break/fix IT providers work best for businesses looking to solve a specific technology problem—for instance, fixing a sudden network outage or a similar emergency. Because these firms charge hourly, you’ll only be billed for the time it takes technicians to solve the issue. These kinds of providers typically do not offer consulting, planning, monitoring or other ongoing services, which makes them well suited for businesses with smaller IT budgets and fewer tech resources in general.
In contrast, MSPs offer more comprehensive, long-term services for businesses with larger IT assets. These extend beyond basic repairs to include maintenance and upgrades, security and performance monitoring, consulting, vendor management and on-call IT support. Austin has plenty of MSPs to choose from, many of which have sterling reputations and a long history of providing service to area companies. Because MSPs typically charge clients on a monthly basis, they’re usually more expensive than companies that provide break/fix services. In return, MSPs’ customers receive regular support and enjoy more stable, predictable IT spending, networks and assets.
Hourly IT support in Austin
Before you can make an informed IT support structure choice, you’ll have to ask yourself some questions about your business needs and budget. If you’ve done your homework and have decided that a break/fix model is for you, there are several Austin IT services that fit the bill.
- Heart of Texas IT. Heart of Texas has been operating in the Austin area since 2015, with locations in Wimberley and Round Rock. It specializes in assisting local small and medium-sized businesses with backup and disaster recovery, network security, Office 365 and Google apps, website design, VoIP phone systems and wireless solutions. Check out the Heart of Texas website for more information or contact the company directly.
- Nerds in a Flash. As a longtime provider of IT support, Austin-based Nerds in a Flash was established in 2004 and offers same-day tech care for both small businesses and home users. Its services include on-site computer repair and network diagnostics, as well as remote tech support. Nerds in a Flash is unique in that it charges a flat rate for repairs, rather than billing hourly. To learn more, visit the Nerds in a Flash website or book an appointment using the contact form.
Managed services providers in Austin
If you’ve examined your requirements and have determined that an MSP is more your speed, you’re in luck: Austin is teeming with MSPs eagerly awaiting your business. Of course, that means you’ll need to narrow down the options until you find one that fits your company values and tech roadmap. Your industry may also help you pare down candidates—for example, some MSPs have experience working with healthcare providers, while others would be a better fit for a small tech startup.
- GSC Technologies Inc. Austin-owned and operated since 2000, GCS Technologies provides managed IT, data migration, deployment services, systems design, consulting, and network security and maintenance. GCS specializes in working with organizations in the architecture, construction, education, financial services, legal, nonprofit and retail sectors, as well as consulting with individual IT professionals. To connect with GCS, check out the company’s website or connect with someone directly.
- Texas Systems Group. Established in 2002, Texas Systems Group (more commonly known as TSG) offers a bevy of managed services—including proactive monitoring, security controls, cloud hosting, vendor management and networking—as well as IT support. This is a company with strong values and a sincere commitment to improving its clients’ IT spending and business continuity. In fact, we frequently refer clients to TSG when we feel TSG’s services would better fit their needs, so this MSP clearly has our vote of confidence! Contact TSG for more information.
- IT Freedom. IT Freedom has a long history in the local tech scene, as it’s been providing managed services to Austin businesses since 1999. In addition to IT services such as monitoring, security and network management, IT Freedom offers 24/7 live human support. Service is one of its core values, so IT Freedom is definitely a good place to start if you’re looking for a thorough, personalized experience. Get in touch today to find out more!
- MyITpros. We couldn’t very well leave ourselves off this list! Did you know that MyITpros has been serving Austin companies since 1993 (that’s 25 years)? We offer a full fleet of IT services for your business, including cloud services, ongoing support, and security monitoring and controls. Although we strive to build long-term partnerships with our clients—which is why our motto is “service, not servers”—we also understand that needs change, so we don’t hold customers to long-term contracts. To ensure your satisfaction throughout our partnership, we provide regular account management and thorough reviews. We want to get to know you and show you what we’re all about, so contact us today for a free consultation.
With so many viable options in the mix, it’s important to choose the Austin IT services provider that’s right for your company. As you probably already know, culture-based hiring can pay off in spades, and the same is true of doing background research before you engage a provider. By reading this article, you’ve already taken the first step toward locating the ideal Austin IT services provider for your business!