There are countless ways the modern office transcends the office of yesteryear, but the most obvious is the layout. Not long ago, cubicles were all the rage. Now the open office setup is most popular, as business owners and executives look to cost-effective strategies to stretch their budgets and stay flexible. The open office doesn’t offer much in the way of extra productivity. Still, because it is more affordable, many businesses will pack employees into 40-60 square feet. Typically, the more workers you have, the more productive your business will be.
When you look past the design and look at the technology, the robust CRT monitors and large, noisy computer towers are gone. In their place are smaller flat screen monitors and thin client boxes that run virtualized software off a partitioned server. This shift in computing technology gets more in depth if you factor in cloud-hosted solutions, where another business offers you some computing solution. Whether it be software deployment, backup and recovery, network monitoring, or completely hosted computing infrastructure, cloud computing services provide the scalability and value most organizations require.
Some of the other technologies that are changing the face of the modern office include:
- Voice over Internet Protocol – More functionality at a fraction of the cost of a traditional phone system.
- Conferencing Solutions – Interactive touch screen technology designed for long-distance meetings and collaboration.
- Virtualization and Document Management – Store your company’s important client and vendor information in servers that can be accessed anywhere.
- Business Continuity Technology – There was a time when a disaster like a fire or a flood would put a company’s future in peril. With complete offsite backups, the risk is gone.
- Wireless Systems – Fueling the paperless office, wireless technologies provide employees, vendors, and guests to securely use mobile and wireless technology to improve cooperation and collaboration.
- End-to-end Security – Enormous strides have been made in physical and network security. With office automated security controls and monitoring solutions, your business can be more secure and efficient.
Integris technology professionals can help you transform your business.
Many of the solutions in the modern office aren’t the kind of off-the-shelf solutions that are effective out of the box. These solutions need to be configured and managed correctly. If they aren’t, you could just be adding another expensive technology problem. As a result, it becomes crucial for the health of your business to integrate your technology solutions properly.
At Blue Jean Networks, our technicians are proficient in the clean and efficient installation of the latest IT solutions. Introducing new technology can often have adverse effects that can put a dent in the bottom line, but when our technicians implement a solution, we take your company’s workflow into account. We can implement state-of-the-art technology solutions with limited downtime by providing the technical expertise and a thorough understanding of how the solutions are utilized.
Technology Training and Support
With comprehensive support and training, you can get up to speed fast.
One of the critical aspects of the modern office is the availability of support when you need it. Cooperation and collaboration don’t just happen. Companies must have properly functioning technology and people who know how to use it. That’s why Integris provides end-to-end support and training for every solution we install.