What is SOC 2?
SOC 2 is an audit that assesses the security, integrity, and confidentiality of an organization’s systems and data. A SOC 2 audit can demonstrate to partners, stakeholders, and clients that your organization has strong controls to in place to protect the security and privacy of sensitive data.
SOC 2 is a serious and well-recognized commitment to security. For example, some organizations require SOC 2 audits in order to work with them.
Achieving SOC 2 certification can help with:
- Security – Protect sensitive information and data systems from unauthorized access, disclosure and damage
- Availability – Ensures information and systems are available/operational when they’re needed most in order to meet your business objectives
- Processing Integrity – Ensure that system processing is complete, valid, accurate timely, and timely to meet your business objectives
- Confidentiality – Ensure information designated as confidential is protected to meet your business objectives
- Privacy – Keep personal information that’s been designated as confidential protected
- And more!