Having a firewall in place is a basic security requirement for all organizations. With security threats constantly evolving, it is essential to protect your network against intruders to safeguard systems and data. But not all firewalls are created equal. We’ll walk through what a Next-Generation Firewall is and how it’s impactful.
What is a Next-Generation Firewall?
A traditional firewall allows or blocks network traffic based on state, port, and protocol, and filters traffic based on administrator-defined rules.
A Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) does this and so much more. According to Gartner, a Next-Generation Firewall can be defined as “deep-packet inspection firewalls that move beyond port/protocol inspection and blocking to add application-level inspection, intrusion prevention, and bringing intelligence from outside the firewall.”
The critical difference between the two is an NGFW’s ability to filter packets based on applications – with additional awareness, security layers, control, and visibility.
Security is always top of mind in everything that we do, which is why with Integris Firewall Management Solutions, our firewall experts and processes ensure that you stay connected and secure.
Key Benefits of Integris Next-Generation Firewall
- Application Awareness – Reported in the Integris Client Portal
- Firewall Support and Updated Traffic Logged
- Constantly Updated Firmware
- Airtight Policy Change Management
- Centralized Logging and Management
- Meets Auditors Requirements – Regulated Industries
- Additional Security Layers include –
- Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Blocking
- Reputation Enabled Defense
- Intrusion Detection and Threat Prevention
As a fully managed service, we take the burden of responsibility away from your in-house resource, enabling your staff to concentrate on the important day-to-day work that keeps your business running.
Schedule a free consultation if you have any questions about Next-Generation Firewalls.