Savvy Baltimore, Washington, DC Metro Area business owners have always understood the importance of outsourcing services. From successful small businesses to large corporations, business continues to outsource IT services. Outsourcing IT services affords a small to large company a mechanism to have resources at their disposal without the hefty price tag associated with employing a full time resource.
Smaller companies continue to contract and outsource their IT services to a managed IT services provider which is proven to be a more cost effective solution versus hiring technical staff.
Larger companies also enjoy the benefit from having a managed IT services provider available to help with management of key IT infrastructure such as switches, routers, firewalls and even servers, VMware virtual servers and other key network components.
Outsourcing IT is cost-effective, however the additional benefits include allowing a business to become more agile and prepared when responding to IT challenges that could have a positive or negative impact on the overall business. Keeping up with the latest trends, technology solutions and training on these technologies can be costly and take in-house professionals away from their day-to-day tasks.
According to a recent survey by Baseline Magazine, “CIOs are embracing the elastic workforce to gain access not only to more talent, but also to a specialized pool of workers at the top of their game who offer an outsider’s perspective.”
- 32% of those surveyed will increase outsourced IT investments in the next 12 to 18 months.
- 48% of these enterprises will bring in more contractors rather than full-time staff.
- 48 cents of every outsourcing dollar is being spent on application services.
- 35 cents of every outsourcing dollar is being spent on IT infrastructure services.
- 16% of data center operations are managed in the cloud.
- 35% of companies plan to increase the outsourcing of application hosting in the next 12 to 18 months.
- 23% of installed applications were running in a virtual machine (VM) in 2010 and now 48% of installed applications are currently running on a VM.
- 22% plan to increase the outsourcing of data center operations within the next 12 to 18 months.
- 21% plan to increase the outsourcing of network operations within the next 12 to 18 months.
- 17% of businesses plan to increase the outsourcing of disaster recovery within the next 12 to 18 months.
Outsourcing IT services continues to gain momentum and this is why having a trusted IT services firm who can help with application services, disaster recovery, cloud and data center management and help with day-to-day IT services is crucial to your bottom line and even top line revenues.
Integris is here to help. Give us a call and book a complimentary review of your entire IT network and lets see if outsourcing IT services make sense for your business.
Call Integris Today.