Nothing against the Alamo, but there are plenty of other reasons to love San Antonio—for instance, its vibrant IT scene, which is practically bursting with top-shelf service providers ready to ferry your business into the next phase of its technological evolution. San Antonio IT services providers offer robust, modern solutions for Mission City organizations looking for competitive, innovative technical infrastructure and IT management.
Of course, the right tech needs to be overseen by the right IT provider. Use this guide to help you identify an IT services organization that fits your requirements for IT support. San Antonio, your technical future awaits!
What to know before you hire an IT support provider
One of the biggest challenges of selecting IT services is choosing the right support structure for your business. Typically, San Antonio IT services fall into one of two categories: hourly IT support providers or managed services providers (MSPs).
Hourly IT support providers are best for one-off technical issues—a network outage or wireless installation, for example. These companies bill hourly rather than charging a monthly fee for ongoing support, which amounts to cost savings if you have limited technical assets.
However, the minimal technical support offered by these hourly providers is not enough for some businesses, and customers who require technical consulting, network monitoring, vendor management, on-call support or other ongoing services are typically better suited to an MSP. MSPs collaborate with clients to improve technical solutions throughout the life of the contract and bill monthly for these services. Since these clients are able to build more stable and secure infrastructures, working with MSPs often results in significant lifetime cost savings.
Hourly IT support in San Antonio
Engaging an hourly “break/fix” IT support solution means asking yourself some questions about your future and the kind of tech support you’ll require as your business grows. If you’re not quite sure where you’re headed right now, many San Antonio IT services offer both hourly and monthly IT support so you can revise your support structure as needed. Here are a couple that will work for your needs:
- ASAP Computer Services. With several locations throughout the area, ASAP is one of the most well-known names in San Antonio IT services. Although it specializes in computer repair and device troubleshooting, ASAP also offers managed support, cloud computing solutions, voice over IP (VoIP) phone systems, network and cabling installation, and more. To find out more about ASAP, visit its website or contact the company online today.
- TechSage Solutions. Veteran-owned since 2000, TechSage Solutions focuses on providing simple, stress-free solutions for small to medium-sized businesses in the San Antonio metropolitan area. TechSage has a Microsoft Small Business Specialist Certification and is recognized as a Microsoft Certified Partner. In addition to its core offerings, it also provides managed services for businesses looking for more long-term solutions. To get in touch with TechSage, visit its website or complete its contact form.
Managed services providers in San Antonio
For many businesses, the MSP model makes a lot of sense, especially when you consider the pivotal role that technology plays in many aspects of modern business. If you’re considering an MSP, you have plenty of local options for managed IT support. San Antonio offers a veritable cornucopia of MSPs for every type of business, including the following:
- ICS Services. ICS Services has been operating throughout Alamo City for over 35 years and offers full-scale IT support for San Antonio businesses. This shop does it all, from network evaluation to video conferencing systems—essentially, if it’s tech, ICS can handle it. ICS focuses on delivering full-service technology solutions at a flat-rate fee without sacrificing customer service, and it was named a 2015 Gold Partner by cloud provider Mitel. To learn more about ICS’ commitment to managed IT support, stop by the company’s website or get in touch now.
- Node LLC. Formed in 2010, Node LLC is a strong newcomer to the San Antonio tech space. Along with managed IT support, Node offers direct computer and device sales, as well as application and website development and management. For more about this up-and-coming IT support provider, visit Node’s website or fill out the contact form to speak with someone directly.
- ENTRUST. ENTRUST has been in the IT support industry for over 20 years, during which time it has managed to become a trusted technology consulting partner for many small businesses in the San Antonio region. ENTRUST’s focus is on help desk support, IT infrastructure, cloud computing and Windows products. Its strong cultural values and full suite of IT support mean San Antonio businesses will find many reasons to love this MSP. For more information, swing by ENTRUST’s website or contact a representative.
- ONIT Technology Solutions. ONIT likes to refer to itself as a virtual IT department, not a managed services provider, and it prides itself on responsiveness and proactive support. Indeed, its broad catalog of IT services includes managed IT support, cloud computing assistance, virtual server administration, cybersecurity management and bring-your-own-device controls. Check out ONIT’s website or reach out to the team by completing this contact form.
- Computer Solutions. Whether you’re looking for assistance migrating to the cloud or need a hand identifying a solution for your business contact center, Computer Solutions can help. This MSP has been operating out of Texas since 1978, and its commitment to culture and customer service earned it a slot on the San Antonio Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work in 2016. Computer Solutions’ massive team includes more than 70 trained technicians, and the company has partnerships with multiple manufacturers and equipment providers. Find out more about its managed services or reach out directly for more information.
- MyITpros. Surprise, it’s us! At MyITpros, we’re so proud of our services that we just couldn’t pass up a chance to brag about them. We’ve been offering a full suite of managed IT support for businesses throughout Central Texas since 1993—that’s over 25 years! Our goal is to empower your business with managed support, cloud computing and security services you can trust. We pride ourselves on “service, not servers,” which is why we never hold clients to long-term contracts and always strive to offer proactive account management and support with an eye on developing and strengthening client-provider relationships. We believe our integrity, innovation and service makes us second to none. But you don’t have to take our word for it—contact us for a free consultation today and experience the difference for yourself!
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution to engaging an MSP, which is why it’s important to do your research before you sign a contract. Familiarizing yourself with available businesses can help you avoid the costs associated with changing service providers. Go ahead, give yourself a pat on the back! You’ve just taken the first step toward hiring a San Antonio IT services provider.